Cheat Day [cheet dey] – noun: The one day of the week where diet minded fitness freaks throw caution to the wind and indulge only on the most tantalizing, ridiculously calorie dense foods known to man. Often associated with the term, “carb hangover,” which occurs the morning after a particularly fruitful cheat day. Synonyms: Free Day, Fun Day, Fat Day

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Italian Meatballs

So a while back, I posted that I was going to start testing recipes for this catering gig I had coming up in August.  Fast forward to August- didn't practice anything since.  So, I'm going to be baking up a storm these next two weeks, and I'll be posting the fruits of my labors, sans my lengthy stories.

Ok, maybe a few short sentences to document how this all went down.

So on Sunday I made over 200 meatballs.  Holy freaking cow- that was a lot of meatballs.  Thank goodness for the husband, who stepped up and help me roll these suckers out, or I might still be up in my kitchen up to my elbows in raw hamburger.

Yeah, if that mental image doesn't make you hungry, I don't know what will. 

So here's the recipe- SUPER simple and easy and darned delicious.


Italian Meatballs
Recipe from http://www.food.com/recipe/authentic-italian-meatballs-92095 
I made 10 recipes resulting in about 200 meatballs

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef (I used 85% lean)
1 egg
1/4 cup milk (I used whole milk)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon oregano 
1 tablespoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 jar of Pasta Sauce 



Directions 
Preheat your oven to 350.

Mix all of your ingredients by hand in a large bowl until fully combined.  Roll one ounce sections into balls, and place on a cookie sheet (with sides) lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray.


Bake for about 20 min, or internal temperate reads 160.


Serve in a crock pot with sauce.  

No comments:

Post a Comment