Cheat Day [cheet dey] – noun: The one day of the week where diet minded fitness freaks throw caution to the wind and indulge only on the most tantalizing, ridiculously calorie dense foods known to man. Often associated with the term, “carb hangover,” which occurs the morning after a particularly fruitful cheat day. Synonyms: Free Day, Fun Day, Fat Day

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cookie Dough Topped Brownies

So last month, Husband got a fancy new job.  He's pretty much the most important person I know, now.  He's been jet-setting around the globe to exotic locations like College Station, Texas and Hotlanta, and quite frankly, I'm shocked that he hasn't completely forgotten us little people.  He has been strutting around in fancy new sport coats and skinny ties, so really it's just a matter of time.  I will, however, tolerate this because I feel that this is just one step closer to him making his millions and thus allowing me to become a trophy wife and open an adorable bakery where I eat my profits.  Literally.  But I'd hire a trainer in order to maintain my trophy wife physique.

Back.  To.  Reality.  So perhaps I'm exaggerating a tad.  And in the interest of honesty, I may have been the one to purchase all the fancy new duds for him.  So, mocking him for wearing them is a little below the belt.  But my husband has a new job and he's a little bit fancier because of it.

So today was the first official fancy new job work pot-luck that my husband neglected to tell me about until the day before.  He claimed that he didn't need to bring anything for the silly reason that "he couldn't even go" which is so not even the point.  Husband almost prevented me from taking advantage of a baking opportunity.  I just... I just don't know.  It's like he doesn't even know me at all.  And then I wonder- what if I hadn't found out on time?  What if I had sat idly by never knowing that I could be using my husbands coworkers to support my borderline unhealthy addition of trying new and completely gluttonous recipes?  ...Shutter.

But thankfully that didn't happen, and I got to try out a new recipe.  I had been inspired by these cookie dough topped brownies which I found on Pinterest, but I used my favorite recipe for cookie dough instead.  And then I maybe accidentally made a double batch- because it just seemed wrong not to.  I wonder who could possibly take care of all those left overs?  Guess I'll just have to man up and take on that responsibility myself.  A true martyr, I am.



Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
Cookie Dough recipe from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paulas-best-dishes/cookie-dough-truffles-recipe/index.html

Ingredients
1/4 salted butter, softened
3/8 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mix (or your favorite mix)
Eggs, vegetable oil, and water (in amounts designated by the mix)

Extra chocolate for drizzling

Directions
Prepare your brownie mix and bake as directed in an 8x8 greased pan. Be careful not to over bake.

While the brownies are cooling, prepare cookie dough.  Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.  Add vanilla.  Slowly add flour until fully incorporated.  Add in sweetened condensed milk until mixture comes together.  Mix in the chocolate chips.

Working in small chunks, grab about a golf ball sized portions of the cookie dough and flatten in out in your hands.  Place these over the brownies until the entire surface is covered.  Use your hands to flatten out the dough and blend seams.

Chill before cutting.  Drizzle with melted chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment