Cheat Day [cheet dey] – noun: The one day of the week where diet minded fitness freaks throw caution to the wind and indulge only on the most tantalizing, ridiculously calorie dense foods known to man. Often associated with the term, “carb hangover,” which occurs the morning after a particularly fruitful cheat day. Synonyms: Free Day, Fun Day, Fat Day

Monday, May 30, 2011

BLT Bites

So once upon a time my friend asked me to help cater an event for her- serving appetizers. So I'm going to be posting appetizer recipes here and there when I get the chance.  Pretty much if people are coming over and I need to serve something, I'm going to use that as an oppoturnity to whip something up and ask for feedback.  


So instead of my usual witty commentary and lengthy descriptions of recipes, here you are getting the quick and dirty version instead.


Recipe test number 1: BLT Bites

Garlic Aioli
Recipe From: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/garlic-aioli/Detail.aspx

Ingredients
4 ounces mayo
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste (3 cranks)

BLT Bites
Recipe yields 15 sandwiches 

Ingredients
One recipe of garlic aoili
3 ounces arugula 
1 loaf of italian bread, sliced and toasted in the oven
5 roma tomatoes
One package of bacon, prepared


Directions
Slice tomatoes.
Toss arugula in garlic aoili.
Layer a slice of bread, one slice of bacon cut in half, two slices of tomatoes, and a handful of arugula.

Note: I would probably cut the bread in half to double this recipe (one tomatoe, half slice of bacon, etc)
I'm guessing I could stretch the argula and do:
- 3 loaves of bread
- 3 packages of bacon
- 18 Romas
- 2 packages of argula
- 2.5 recipes of aioli
= 90 mini (half) sandwiches


No comments:

Post a Comment